ASHTABULA COUNTY —
• The Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department received two reports of theft from unlocked cars in the Giant Eagle parking lot in Saybrook Township.
A wallet and cell phone were taken from a vehicle Tuesday evening. A purse was reported stolen from another unlocked vehicle two days earlier.
• A 27-year-old Ashtabula woman was arrested and released on summons for attempting to steal a $10 package of diapers from Giant Eagle in Saybrook Township.
• The woman attempted to conceal the diapers in her purse during a shopping visit Saturday, according to the report.
• A window was reported broken in the Ray Roofing building on State Road, Ashtabula Township. The damage was estimated at $500 and occurred over the weekend.
Nothing was reported missing, however, three commercial batteries were stolen from a business next to the roofing business. The batteries, which were sold to a scrap dealer, were later recovered and the department has a suspect.
• Lights, pumps and motors were reported stolen from snow plows belonging to a North Ridge East, Ashtabula Township, lawn care business.
The loss was set at $3,000, according to a report. The loss occurred after 11:30 a.m. Sunday and marked the third time theft has occurred recently at the business location.
• A Saybrook Township resident reported that a ring worth $1,500 and earrings worth $575 were missing from her home.
• A toolbox with $1,300 worth of Craftsman tools was reported missing from a fenced-in recycling yard in Ashtabula Township over the weekend.
The sockets, wrenches and other tools were in a box with “Operator 1” painted on the top with yellow paint, according to a report.
The box had been left outside by an employee, who will be held responsible for the loss. There was a report of an alarm drop at the yard late Friday evening and a video surveillance camera provided the department with images of a subject.