Best bets for weekend local entertainment
- Kelly Circus will present shows at 2 and 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Rock Creek Veterans of Foreign Wars on East Water St.
- Harpersfield Beef Roast will kick off today at 5 p.m. with music by David Whitaker and the band Me and My Gang from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Harpersfield Community Rec Center on Cork-Cold Springs Road. Festivities open at 5 p.m. Saturday and noon on Sunday. A fireworks display will close out the festival at 10 p.m. Sunday.
- United Eastern Lenape Nation will host the fifth annual PowWow beginning 10 a.m. today through Sunday at Lake Village Campgrounds, 6684 Leon Road, Andover.
- Rabbit Run Theater will present “The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickelby” July 6-Aug. 5; and “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” Aug. 17-Sept. 1 at Rabbit Run Community Arts Association, 49 Park St., Madison. For more info: (440) 428-5913.
- Prime Time Big Band will be in concert 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Walnut Beach in Ashtabula Harbor.
- Jefferson Historical Society will host a house tour and program 2 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Talcott-Toukonen House, built in 1867, 175 W. Jefferson St.
- Straw Hat Theatre, on the grounds of the Ashtabula Arts Center, will present “Godspell” July 20-22, 26-28; and “A Chorus Line” August 3-5, 10-12, 16-18.