- A night-vision camera set up at a sawmill site on Brockway Road, Jefferson, recorded a nocturnal visit by two persons but ran out of internal memory and failed to document the theft of an air compressor. The camera was put in place after a socket set and can of gasoline went missing from the site in June. The logger, an Amish man from Geauga County, set up the camera but told a deputy he did not have a computer to review the data it collected. The camera recorded a visit the evening of June 28 by two subjects on a four-wheeler. One of the men looked in a shed, but there did not appear to be any other activity by them on the camera. And then it ran out of memory.
- A 20-foot-long trailer was reported missing from a winery construction site on South River Road in Harpersfield Township. The trailer was last seen at the site around July 9. The owner reported it missing July 14. The 2010 Cam Super Line 20 trailer was valued at $5,000; straps and other accessories valued at $1,000 were missing, as well.
- A Geneva Township resident faces charges of criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct and inducing panic/threatening violence as a result of an incident at a North Broadway barn early Wednesday morning. A female bartender at the establishment told the deputy that she activated the bar’s security system panic button when the 27-year-old customer took a couple of unsuccessful swings at a male bartender. The man was told the bar was closing and he would have to leave, at which the man became belligerent and tried to get the male bartender to go outside with him. As the suspect was leaving, he told the bartenders that he had a gun. The man was observed running back and forth across North Broadway between the bar parking lot and a residence. He disappeared into a stand of trees. An officer from Geneva and a second officer from Geneva-on-the-Lake police departments joined the deputy in the search. The man was found on his back in a grassy area; a strong odor of alcohol was noted about him. He resisted the deputy’s efforts to place him in handcuffs, and the suspect had to be carried back to the cruiser. The man repeatedly told the deputy, while on the way to the county jail, that he was “going to kill him.” The suspect also had two active warrants for arrest from Geneva.
- A 53-year-old Andover man was arrested on a charge of theft and released on summons to Ashtabula Municipal Court after he attempted to steal appliances from the Ashtabula Township Walmart July 10. A loss prevention officer observed the suspect moving quickly through the store as he put items in a shopping cart. The man bypassed the registers and set off a stolen-merchandise alarm, the report showed. His cart included a coffee maker, weed wacker and toaster oven with a total value of $380.
- A 50-year-old Ashtabula man was arrested on a charge of possession of drug- abuse instruments Monday and released on a summons after he was pulled over for a non-operational taillight on the ATV he was driving. A deputy was on patrol near New London and North Myers roads in Geneva Township when he made the stop. The deputy determined that the driver’s operating license was suspended due to several open suspensions. While conducting a vehicle inventory, the deputy found a storage compartment which contained a used hypodermic syringe. When questioned, the driver denied any knowledge of the syringe. A tow truck was called to the scene and the driver was released on a citation for driving under suspension. He was summoned into Western County Court for possession of a drug-abuse instrument.
- A black, 2009 Suzuki 200 cc motorcycle was stolen from a Route 6, Rome Township home between Monday and Tuesday, its owner reported. The motorcycle was parked in the yard, the owner said.
- Police were called to 1217 W. Prospect Road at 9:30 p.m. Sunday after passersby reported a man exposing himself in his front yard. The man was transported by ambulance to Ashtabula County Medical Center.
- A stolen vehicle was reported at 844 W. 49th St. at 6:09 a.m. Monday.
- A caller reported seeing a suspicious person with a gun in the 1700 block of West Prospect Road at 8:30 a.m. Monday.
- An attempted assault was reported at 1022 Seymour Drive at 3:28 p.m. Monday.
- A caller reported criminal damaging at 3132 Johnson Court at 3:34 p.m. Monday.
- An intoxicated man was found bleeding at West 10th Street and Joseph Avenue at 10:15 p.m. Monday.
- A disturbance was reported at 1624 W. 13th St. at 12:53 a.m. Tuesday.
- A burglary was reported at 5717 Woodman Ave. at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday.
- Drug abuse was reported at 2630 W. 13th St. at 1:54 a.m. Tuesday.